Migrating from HubSpot to WordPress continues among many businesses. One of the companies we spoke with recently operates in three countries which means it is a sizable enterprise. Their reasons for moving from HubSpot to WordPress are;
- The API does not meet expectations
- The website is loading slowly (very slowly)
- Lacks the ability to include custom developed software
- There is no direct access to the database, which limits access to our own content
- Not seeing an SEO benefit
A consulting firm shared their primary motivation behind the move from HubSpot to WordPress.
- $250 a month is no longer affordable
- The purpose of driving conversions was not achieved
- The blog posting/editing system is a pain to use
We are not certain if there is a trend developing here. WordPress is certainly gaining steam and it is quite natural for companies like HubSpot to see customers come and go. Client companies may shrink or mature or take on internal expertise or hire topical experts.
Do you think there is a trend in HubSpot clients moving from HubSpot to WordPress?